Popcorn Trips Fire Alarm at Mac College

image_print
At 12:09 p.m. on Saturday, the McPherson Fire Department and McPherson Emergency Medical Services responded to McPherson College for an automatic fire alarm. While the incident could have been a hazard, it turns out, it was just a little burnt popcorn.
“Once on scene, fire crews determined that the fire alarm had been triggered due to burnt popcorn in a microwave,” Deputy Chief of the McPherson Fire Department Dennis Darby said. “After this determination and not finding any other source for the alarm, fire crews were finished with the assignment, clear of the scene and en route to fire quarters.”
%d bloggers like this: