At 5:27 p.m. on Dec. 24, McPherson Fire Department, McPherson Emergency Medical Services and McPherson Police Department personnel responded to a residence on East Euclid Street.
“The incident was for a carbon monoxide detector that was alarming within a residence. When the responding crew arrived, they checked the residence with an air monitoring device that showed no indications of carbon monoxide in the home,” McPherson Fire Department Deputy Chief Dennis Darby said. ” The crew then checked the detector that was alarming and found that the ‘chirps’ sequence were an indicator that the detector was at its end of life. The family was told that it was safe to return to their home and advised to purchase a new carbon monoxide detector. The crew was then clear of the scene and returned to quarters.”